Today, there’s a huge variety of toy products for toddlers and preschoolers — and that’s especially true when it comes to push and pedal ride-on toys. Plus, if you choose the right toy here, you’ll not only provide your kid with countless hours of fun both indoors and outdoors — you’ll make sure they start developing their coordination and motor skills early on.
However, while there are plenty of motorized, electric ride-on toy cars — if you’re dealing with a toddler or a young child, you want to start them off with something easier first; push and pedal toys which they can use to learn the basics of maintaining their balance while propelling themselves forward. Plus, you can use such toys to show the basics of road safety to your children, and improve their general reflexes.
As you may have noticed already, there are practically countless ride-on toys to choose from — but we’re here to show you some of our best picks, and give you an example of what you should look for when browsing other models on your own. With that in mind, let’s dive into some of the finest ride-on toys you can find!
Let’s start this off with one of the most versatile ride-on toys you can find — this gorgeous ride-on toy excavator! First of all, it was clearly well made — with a sturdy construction, and child-safe plastics that won’t succumb to the daily wear and tear your kid is bound to cause. It’s amazingly comfy, due to overturn protection and a high back that maintains posture. Also, there’s a spacious under-seat storage that you can use to keep smaller stuff your kids need, or some of their toys that can fit inside.
Why we love it
- It works as a storage cart, a scooter, and a digger — providing your kid with tons of ways to have fun
- The digger is completely functional, with a controllable bucket and flexible joints and arms. It’s especially fun in the sand.
- The under-seat storage is more spacious than you’d expect.
Who’s to say that you can’t pick a push ride-on toy that’s just as usable and fun as it is stylish? For instance, this red Mercedes Benz ride-on car is the perfect example of a multifunctional push ride-on toy. First of all, it’s got an easy-to-use handle rod that ensures you can control its movement with ease — and there’s a convenient footrest so your kid can steer and push on their own as well. It’s a quiet, smooth ride that works equally well on all surfaces, and the canopy provides ample sun protection for hot summer days.
Why we love it
- It’s both stylish and sturdy
- The sun canopy is high-quality and easily assembled
- You get removable guardrails for additional safety
- There are also buttons for music and horns for added fun
Next up, we’ve got an awesome ride-on moped tricycle — the perfect design for kids who are ready to start steering their ride-ons, but aren’t quite as comfortable with pedals yet. The motorcycle shape is quite cool as well, and the detachable sun canopy is firm enough to protect from the rain just as much as it protects from the sun. Plus, once the kids dismount, you can easily fold it and make it more convenient for storage.
It’s a highly interactive tricycle even without pedals — while kids steer, they can control the lighting and music functions. And speaking of lighting, there are two smaller lights and a single large one, ensuring they can play past sundown as well.
Finally, it’s worth mentioning that this ride-on toy is extremely safe, with both ASTM and EN71 certifications.
Why we love it
- Apart from being safe, it’s also quite versatile because the EVA foam wheels ensure you can use it on any surface
- The LED lights are extremely bright and useful
- Hand-assisted steering is great for kids
Our final pick is a great ride-on toddler tricycle. First of all, its matte black color makes it as authentic and stylish as it is fun — and its heavy-duty steel frame ensures that your kid will be safe and stable on it. Plus, the tricycle’s small dimensions ensure you can use it both indoors and outdoors — which isn’t something you can say for all ride-ons, no matter how good they are.
The seat was designed with excellent back support, and the EVA wheels ensure your kid can use it on all surfaces without hurting themselves. Plus, the wheels are easily detachable for quick disassembly or setup. And when they go outside, the mudguard keeps them as clean as possible.
Why we love it
- The durability of this ride-on tricycle is excellent due to its strong steel frame — there’s nothing a toddler can throw at this and damage it extensively, and it’s also powder-coated for extreme rust resistance.
- Despite being sturdy, the frame is surprisingly light. Coupled with the fact you can easily detach its wheels, this makes the tricycle easily transportable in the trunk of your car.
- Quality materials ensure that your kid will be secure and safe while riding on it, and it’s well balanced too.
- There’s a cool bell your kids can play with